Please click on the link below to access the full statement on guidelines and information on the reopening
of St. Oliver Plunkett Church for Weekly Masses and Weekend Masses.
PARISHES OF GREENLOUGH AND LAVEY
STATEMENT FROM FR. EAMONN GRAHAM AND FR DERMOTT HARKIN
We are delighted that from Monday 29th June, feast of Saints Peter and Paul
that we will be able to have Mass open to the public.
Thankfully however, we now look forward to a beginning of a return to normality but this is not going to be straightforward and we will have to operate under many restrictions for the well-being of our parishioners.
The following measures will be put in place:
- Masses will return to the original times: Monday – Thursday: 9.00am; Adoration on Thursday after morning Mass until 6.00pm; Friday 7.30pm; Saturday 10.00am & 7.30pm; Sunday 9.00am & 11.00am.
- Relatives at Month’s Mind Masses & First Anniversary Masses will have seats reserved for them – this may limit seating capacity for everyone else.
- The Capacity in the Church for each Mass both Weekdays and Weekends will be initially limited to 90 people with social distancing in place – you will see that we have identified seating areas and these are clearly marked. The requirement for social distancing does not apply to a household sitting together. (Living in the same house only).
- Stewards will be in the Church to help with seating and organise the distribution of Communion. For the time being we ask you to receive Holy Communion into the hand only.
- If you are willing to Steward at a Mass please contact Paddi in the Parish Office by Wednesday.
- The dispensation from the Sunday and Holy Day obligation is extended for the time being.
- After each Mass the Church must be cleaned. For this reason, we ask for volunteers to help with this after every Mass. Please contact Paddi in the Parish Office by Wednesday.
- Ministers of the Word & Eucharistic Ministers will be contacted by the co-ordinators and given advice on new arrangements.
- We have new Sanitising Stations in place and ask that everyone uses them on both entering and leaving the Church.
- Collection baskets will not be passed throughout the church, instead we will have collection boxes as you enter/leave the Church that you can drop your offerings into.
- We await further guidance in relation to Weddings and Funerals. Further information will be available during the week.
- If you have a child for Baptism please contact the Parish Office from Wednesday 1st July.
- The “Crying Chapel/Quiet Room” will be closed until further notice.
- Unfortunately The Children’s Liturgy will be not be taking place until further notice.
- Altar Servers will not be required to serve Masses until further notice
- To mark the End of the Academic Year, Fr Harkin will celebrate Mass for St. Mary’s Primary School, on Tuesday 30th June at 7.30pm in the Church. Please Note that unfortunately due to restricted numbers the church will be reserved for Primary 7 pupils, their parents and school staff only.
It is most important that people who are vulnerable or unwell, and especially those with any symptoms that might suggest Covid-19 infection, should stay at home and, if possible, participate, via webcam, social media, television, or radio.
Please note this information and any new updates will also be available
on the Parish Facebook Page, Parish Website and on the Church Noticeboards.
We appreciate your patience during this lockdown and hope the current restrictions will be lifted shortly.
We will continue to update you over the next few weeks.