Parish Pilgrimage to Clonard Novena 2022
We plan to organise a bus to Clonard Novena from the Parishes of Greenlough & Lavey.
We hope to attend the 11.30am Novena Mass
on Tuesday 21st June.
Please contact Paddi in the Parish Office by Tuesday 7th June to book your seat.
Tel: 028 2582 1190; Email: email@example.com
Commemoration of the Faithful Departed
and Blessing of Graves,
Sunday 19th June 2022 at 3.00pm
Holy Water: Water will be blessed at all Masses on
Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th June.
Car Parking: Please follow the stewards’ instructions and avoid parking along the road, to ensure a free flow of traffic before and after the ceremony.
Collection: An opportunity will be provided for those who wish to make a donation towards the upkeep of the cemetery.
Thank you for your
Greenlough Parish – Covid-19 Regulations Update
- We would like to acknowledge your great efforts adhering to all the guidelines since we re-opened our Churches. A very special thanks to our team of volunteers working behind the scenes before and after all Masses.
- In recent weeks we have seen an increase in the presence of the Virus both in Northern Ireland and in our own area. The summer seemed to offer some respite but the present situation is a reminder
Please click on the link below to access the full statement on guidelines and information on the reopening
of St. Oliver Plunkett Church for Weekly Masses and Weekend Masses.
PARISHES OF GREENLOUGH AND LAVEY
STATEMENT FROM FR. EAMONN GRAHAM AND FR DERMOTT HARKIN
We are delighted that from Monday 29th June, feast of Saints Peter and Paul
that we will be able to have Mass open to the public.
Thankfully however, we now look forward to a beginning
Bann Valley Community Group Response to Covid-19
Bann Valley Community Group will be offering support to vulnerable or ‘shielded’ members of the local community over the coming weeks and months, mainly through the provision of grocery packs. These will consist of basic foodstuffs and household items that most people will find useful, but that some people may be finding difficult to obtain given the current circumstances.
If you or members of your family are self-isolating, or if you are
St. Mary’s Church Greenlough
Restoration and Repairs
Work commenced 28th September 2015
Scope of Work
- Protect all marble items and terrazzo floors and decorative timbers during the works.
- Removal of all dry rot infected timbers in wall plates, rafter ends, timber padstones and bearing ends of main trusses.
- Specialist treatment to timber and masonry to treat dry rot and woodworm.
- Checking and replacing lead in parapet walls as necessary.
- Replace missing slates and ridge tiles.
- Replacing gutters and downpipes.
This is to announce that we have received a grant under the Listed Places of Worship: Roof Repair Fund
Living the Sunday Liturgy
Yes, it is true, the Lord is risen
May we look forward with hope to our own resurrection.
What do you need for this prayer to be answered?
Think of some missionary group who work at bringing faith and hope to others.
How could you help them this week?
Statement Of Bishop Donal McKeown
New Bishop of Derry to the People of the Diocese
25 February 2014, St. Eugene’s Cathedral
Your Excellency Archbishop Charles Brown, people, priests and religious of the Diocese of Derry, agus a chairde go léir!