Greenlough Parish – Covid-19 Regulations Update
- We would like to acknowledge your great efforts adhering to all the guidelines since we re-opened our Churches. A very special thanks to our team of volunteers working behind the scenes before and after all Masses.
- In recent weeks we have seen an increase in the presence of the Virus both in Northern Ireland and in our own area. The summer seemed to offer some respite but the present situation is a reminder
Bann Valley Community Group Response to Covid-19
Bann Valley Community Group will be offering support to vulnerable or ‘shielded’ members of the local community over the coming weeks and months, mainly through the provision of grocery packs. These will consist of basic foodstuffs and household items that most people will find useful, but that some people may be finding difficult to obtain given the current circumstances.
If you or members of your family are self-isolating, or if you are
Friday 20th March at 7.30pm via webcam only
Parish Pilgrimage to Clonard Novena
We plan to organise a bus to Clonard Novena from the Parishes of Greenlough & Lavey.
We hope to attend the 12.45pm Novena Mass on Tuesday 25th June.
Please contact Paddi in the Parish Office by Tuesday 18th June to book your seat.
Tel: 028 2582 1190; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mary’s Church Greenlough
Restoration and Repairs
Work commenced 28th September 2015
Scope of Work
- Protect all marble items and terrazzo floors and decorative timbers during the works.
- Removal of all dry rot infected timbers in wall plates, rafter ends, timber padstones and bearing ends of main trusses.
- Specialist treatment to timber and masonry to treat dry rot and woodworm.
- Checking and replacing lead in parapet walls as necessary.
- Replace missing slates and ridge tiles.
- Replacing gutters and downpipes.
Living the Sunday Liturgy
Yes, it is true, the Lord is risen
May we look forward with hope to our own resurrection.
What do you need for this prayer to be answered?
Think of some missionary group who work at bringing faith and hope to others.
How could you help them this week?
Candlelight Service for those Sitting Exams
Why not come and join us for a Special Candlelight Service
for those (young & old) sitting exams,
St. Oliver Plunkett Church, Clady
Sunday, April 28th at 8.00pm.
A Book of Prayer will be placed at Our Lady’s Grotto.
Students, their parents, grandparents/friends are invited to enter their name in this book.
We will remember them in our prayers at all Masses during May & June.
All Notices for the parish newsletter must be received in writing or by email.
Parish/Church Notices will be given first preference.
Tel: 028 2582 1190. Email: email@example.com
Due to demand and space notices will not be included more than twice.
Please have all items for the newsletter in by 1.00pm on Wednesday each week. Thank you.