St. Oliver Plunketts

DSC_0753

Mass Times

Saturday: 7:30pm
Sunday: 9:00am, 11:00am

about St. Oliver Plunketts

Moneystaghan Hall

Moneystaghan AOH Hall was built in 1912 by master stonemason Patrick Kearney from Moneystaghan. He also built the fine two-storey house for McCloys of Ballymacpeake, where John McCloy now lives (John McErlean’s house is now built on the site of the Kearney’s homestead).

Moneystaghan Hall was built of stone and lime and is an interesting example of this type of structure. Moneystaghan Hall is now mainly used for card-playing, but it used to be the centre for band practices, plays and concerts. Before the Hall was opened, the AOH met in a building at the end of Dan McAteer’s in Moneystaghan (now Willie John McAteer’s).