St. Oliver Plunkett Hall
The hall was opened in 1954. It was designed by local architect, John McPeake and was owned and operated by Trustees. At a meeting held in the GAA pavilion, Clady on 31st January 1990, the Trustees decided to hand over the hall to the Parish and this was effected on 11th February 1994. Present at that meeting were Eoin McErlean, Henry McErlean, Bernard Law and Joseph McMullan, representing the Trustees and Father Art O’Reilly representing the Bishop of Derry. The GAA were represented at the meeting by Gerard O’Neill, Chairman, Patrick McPeake, Treasurer and John O’Neill, Secretary.
The original Trustees of the Hall were: Michael Henry, John J. Conway, John Kearney, Eoin McErlean, Henry McErlean, Joseph McMullan, Bernard Law and Michael McCroary.
The Trustees operated the Hall until the 1960s when they leased the premises to St Oliver Plunketts Greenlough GAA Club. The Club ran the Hall up until the date of transfer to the Diocese of Derry. At present the Club still uses the Hall for Bingo sessions and for training. The Hall is leased to the North Eastern Education Board for use by St Mary’s College, Clady. Greenlough Pre-school Playgroup have a lease of the former billiard rooms for their school and Greenlough Youth Club also use the Hall for their activities. The Logan School of Irish Dancing has dancing classes on Wednesdays in the Hall during the school term and Clady Residents Association hold their meetings here.