St Mary’s Church – Restoration 2015
St. Mary’s Church Greenlough
Restoration and Repairs
Work commenced 28th September 2015
Scope of Work
- Protect all marble items and terrazzo floors and decorative timbers during the works.
- Removal of all dry rot infected timbers in wall plates, rafter ends, timber padstones and bearing ends of main trusses.
- Specialist treatment to timber and masonry to treat dry rot and woodworm.
- Checking and replacing lead in parapet walls as necessary.
- Replace missing slates and ridge tiles.
- Replacing gutters and downpipes.
- Clean down slate roof and external masonry.
- Remove dry rot infected truss legs at internal walls and replace with new timber sections.
- Strip plaster internally for specialist treatment.
- Renew plaster and/or dry lining system to internal walls.
- Replace timber ceilings removed in previous exploration for defects.
- Replace damaged sections of main gallery beams.
- Remove all timber floors, treat for dry rot and replace with concrete floor.
- Damaged sections of window frames to be replaced.
- Storm glazing which is damaged or missing to be restored.
- Structural strengthening at bell tower.
- Lower ground level at back path and form French drain to stop rising damp.
- New main storm drainage to rear of church.
- Reinstate main steps from road.
Donations can be made to a dedicated bank account noted below.
Danske Bank – Acc. No. 80038067
Sort Code – 95-04-21